Friday, July 25, 2008

Fresh Made Easy Website Coming soon!

My website is currently under construction and should be ready to launch by Friday, August 29th. There is one recipe below that you should try out while you're waiting. I have many, many more to share with you to make your life easier & more healthy. Below is just a little bit about myself and how and why Fresh Made Easy was born.

I use a bread knife to chop most vegetables, about 1/3 of the cilantro & parsley I chop ends up all over the floor…..no matter how hard I try. I break an average of one dish a week and have layers of burnt stuff, caked on the bottom of my oven from filling dishes too full. I am, by NO means, a chef. But I can cook……well. The best part is that all of my recipes are fast, easy and very healthy. So, I’m forgiven for the disasters I create in the kitchen because of what they are followed by. Not to mention, with Fresh Made Easy cooking, there' s never many dishes, pots or pans to clean!


My “mode of cooking” was really created as a survival technique. I have a son with severe food allergies and special medical needs so I started cooking food without adding a ton of “stuff” and realized that meats, vegetables & fruits have great flavor all on their own! Who knew? Just by pairing these items together, you can create beautiful masterpieces that taste wonderful and aren’t far from their original state. Use food to flavor other foods. And so, Fresh Made Easy was born.

I am always running…literally. I am a triathlete who spends my free-time (what’s that?) swimming, biking and running. I don’t have the time or energy to stand on my feet for long hours at night to cook dinner nor do I want to. On the other hand, I LOVE to eat and can’t bare a “box dinner”. Whenever we get take out I’m always thinking how I could have made it better had I just cooked it myself. I think I come up with great recipes not for my love of cooking but my love of eating.

Try out the recipe below and check in with me after. My website will be up and running by August 1st. I've got so much to share with you. No matter what your situation, I can guarantee you, Fresh Made Easy will change the way you and your family feel about cooking, eating and it could just whittle your waste line. You're going to learn to appreciate foods in their 'original state' yet be satisfying and fun all at the same time. This is not, by any means, a "weight loss program" but a side effect is that you and your family will become healthier. No doubt about it.



2 comments:

The Boys said...

Yeah Phaedra! This is so exciting. I can't wait to try your recipes. I am proud of you for doing this! You go girl. - Tia

Anonymous said...

Phaedra,

I've tried the chicken, rice, pinapple and onion recipes . . . on dinner guests before trying them on my family. Brave, I know, but the meal was a huge success.

Keep them coming.

Priscilla Peterson